Tater and Tot

Just a little dirt from my Tater Patch.

1.29.2008

She Speaks!


It's been a while, I know.

As much as I've wanted to write over the past few months, I've been having a real struggle with trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do with myself. I love being a wife and mother. I love being involved with my church and my family.
And I love to write.
I want to write.
Desperately.
But I'm stuck. I'm stuck and I don't know which way to go. I have been feeling over the past few months that it is my calling to write. That somehow, somewhere, through some sort of outlet I am supposed to minister through the written word. It seems as though the more I try and push those thoughts aside as wishful thinking and crazy talk, the more I feel the Lord leading me to open my ears and LISTEN ALREADY.

Then that I start with The But's.

But what if I'm hearing You wrong?
But I wouldn't know how to start.
But I don't know what to do.
But I have no idea which direction I'm supposed to take.
But what if I look silly?
But I'm just not sure.

But what if I fail?

And so when I stumbled across this while going through my blogroll today, I considered that maybe it's the answer - or at least a starting point. The She Speaks conference is hosted by the Proverbs 31 ministries and is an opportunity to join with other women and "recieve the tools and the confidence to answer God's call on your life." This is a conference for women who feel called to speak, write, lead, and influence. Hmmm. That sounds kind of familiar. When I first read about this opportunity my heart raced a little faster and my stomach got a little nervous.

Then, I started with The Maybe's.

Maybe this is the answer.
Maybe this is how I will know if I am hearing Him right.
Maybe this is how I will start.
Maybe this is where I'll learn what to do.
Maybe this will give me direction.
Maybe this will help me to not feel so insecure.
Maybe through this I'll know.

Maybe I will fail. Or maybe not.

I checked the location - only a little over 3 hours away! Very do-able!
I checked the dates - before vacation and after Bible School! Very do-able!
I checked the speakers - BooMama and BigMama and Rocks? Oh, so Very Do-Able!
I checked the price - $525.00. Um - not so do-able.

I found that Lysa TerKeurst is holding a contest for a scholarship. Winning this would probably be the only way for me to be able to go - if it's His will. The scholarship covers the entire $525.00 registration fee which includes the conference, the hotel, and meals. I'm turning this over to Him. I will continue to pray about what I'm supposed to do. If it's His will - I'll be able to go. If it's not, well, then I won't. The winner will be announced on Monday, February 4th.

So really? This decision making process isn't that hard after all!

To read more about the conference - click here.
To read more about and enter the scholarship contest - click here.
To tell me how much you want me to be able to go to this conference - click here.






Labels:

10 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hope you get to go. We may not share the exact same faith, but I understand using your gifts in the best way possible. Glad to see you back.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I'm with you, maybe, maybe and more maybes!

Either way I believe if we keep listening we will hear more and more clearly!

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I so hope you get to go! Whatever you need you know I'm behind you!!! Seriously!
I love you!

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow if you went from but's to maybe's that quickly I think its time to move on to I WILL"S.

I know where you are coming from, because you are right where I was last year. I'm still not sure where God is going but I am sure I am supposed to follow. What I try to ask myself is "If I really believe God is asking me to write, can I be satisfied if the only thing he wants me to write is blogs? The answer for me is Yes. If blog writing is my portion I still want to learn to be the best blog writer I can be, because there is a purpose there even if I never understand it.

Whether you are to spend the money is between you and God, but if he says yes don't let fear of failure stop you. You will only fail if you fail to try!

Good Luck.
Luanne

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Crossing my fingers for you that you win!

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and I love your blog too. Good for you stepping out in faith!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I pray you are able to attend this conference!

But even if the door doesn't open this time around, puruse your dream of writing. There are many free websites with good teachings and helpful insights to help writers on the journey.

Blessings,

Julie @ A Joyful Life

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Celly B said...

I so identify with being a new mom and wanting to write! Whatever happens, know that God will make a way for you to pursue your dreams.
"Do not neglect the spiritual gift within you. . . ." (1 Timothy 4:13)

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

There is a time and season for every activity under heaven, maybe this is your time and season!
Blessings,
Sandy

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My precious friend, God has given you a wonderful gift and I know He is going to show you where He is going to use you. You have been a blessing to me in so many ways. I'm excited to see how He will use you to bless many, many others for Him.

It it my prayer that you'll be able to go to the conference.

Keep using your wonderful gift.

Love,

Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home